3.04.2012

yay!

haha hey there!
So this week was fabulous! as always!
We had a baptism on Saturday, and it's amazing how people can get so focused on the numbers. I l.o.v.e. the people we're teaching right now! They are so willing to learn, and their problems are not so insurmountable that we can't help them, and guide them to find the answers to their questions of the soul! The Visitors' Center opened up this week! and that's been an adventure, for sure! Beautiful exhibits, and wonderful videos, movies, paintings, history, all centered on Jesus Christ. He is the central message to our Gospel, and the Visitors' Center makes being in tune with the Spirit, absolutely VITAL. I was eating in the kitchen a few days ago, and looked up to have this massive prompting to go out and help this one lady. She was at an exhibit that is almost completely self-explanatory, and I just thought, "I don't really have anything particular to say to her..." I walk over, blah blah blah, and we start chatting about her. I love her to death, almost immediately--Christ-centered people are one-in-a-million it feels like,--and ran her over to the I'm A Mormon exhibit, where we can watch all the videos from http://mormon.org/people/. We were going on, and I really wasn't inspired to say anything, just chatting. Then she told me she had just started homeschooling her daughter, and seemed kind of overwhelmed about it. I loved her, and wanted to share what I knew, so I gave her my mom's email address-- haha sorry mom!

We have amazing resources at our disposal, but I'll tell you a secret--the Church is true.
That's all we teach, that's all we're here to learn in this life. And the way we can connect with people, is as much as we pray for. "God will give us as much light as we ask for."--as it says on the Savior of the World display.

We had an incredible Spirit the other day at a lesson with an investigator. First off, we were all really scared to go, because this boy wanted us to meet at his friend's house, and we had just recently heard a story of a similar situation that would have ended up badly, but in this second story, that investigator's friends didn't show up. blah blah, the point being, this man/boy, whaterr, had been very hostile toward us, last time, and it was us trying to keep level and failing.

Altogether, a recipe for disaster.
I wish everyone could have been in that lesson. I was just praying and praying and praying. Not for anything too specific. Just for the Spirit to be there. I figured everything would just work out, after that. It did. No miracles, maybe not too huge, but the Spirit was there, we worked together with Him to create a good teaching environment. The feeling there was almost peaceful, compared to the Bible hashing-out that was going on last time.

It may seem silly, but it's so fun to learn everything I possibly can about the Bible and Book of Mormon. It really truly does enrich my life. And as our recent convert said last night, "I'd like to know what it is I'm supposed to be believing"-in regard to life after death-he had some questions ;)

But the best part is we can pray about it, and receive an answer whether it's true--no matter what the teaching is or who is teaching you-- the Lord gives us personal affirmation, that these things are true. Check out Alma 40, for pete's sake-- he asked because he wanted to know!

:)
I love you all SO MUCH-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sister Bothwell
Thanks for all y'all's support!
<33

No comments:

Post a Comment