4.01.2012

Week 17!


This week was a week of non-stop miracles. The days would start out pretty normal, and then by the end of one day, we'd seen five or six miracles.
I think it was two? days ago? We were looking to drop off a Book of Mormon, and ended up in the wrong apartment building. That particular apartment building, also held someone who had expressed interest in learning more, but because of some rough times, we had never made it over there. Also, we couldn't get a hold of her. Long story short: I just say, let's stop by, she immediately opens the door, and says she almost got baptized in Cancun. Okay, yes, please. I love it when people want to learn. When I see the world open up for them in such a larger way--they're not limited by the hard situations they're in, they're free to have happier lives, if they choose to accept and act upon their testimonies of the Gospel.
The other night, we were going to stop by and deliver that same Book of Mormon because we had time; (a lesson had cancelled--I was really bummed), but as we got into the parking lot, a member called to give us some recipes, (Cafe Rio pork barbacoa, being one of them, mmmm, yummmmy), so we almost didn't go, again, because we had a lesson in fifteen minutes. But, instead, we just ran really really fast, up a thirty-forty percent incline hill, and made it! The lady answered the door, crying; we were just verklempt, and didn't know what to do. We comforted her as much as we could in a brief moment, and even though we didn't know the situation. It was a testimony builder-- what if we hadn't been there for that brief moment of comfort?! Sister Holman said as we left that it was Satan tempting her with a lack of time.
This week has literally been incredible. Every day I wake up, expecting a normal day, and go to bed so full of happiness and the Spirit from the experiences and lives we've caught a glimpse of.
We had the chance to see some phenomenal people this week, and I was inspired and uplifted as they shared their talents with us. These two people our age, and their mother, had all gone a different direction musically, and I could've sat and listened to them all day: they were wonderful people; I loved them!
I'm learning MORE AND MORE, that I need to reserve judgment on every/anyone I meet. The boy our age was huge: Tall and red-bearded, two lip piercings, and cut-off shorts with a plaid shirt. He played the guitar like no one I think I will ever have the privilege to meet. It was just... mind-bloggling. As missionaries, we don't judge, but this was a definite "gentle reminder," as my mom would say.
WE HAD AN INVESTIGATOR BEAR HER TESTIMONY!!!!!!!!!! Yieup. She got up in front of the entire congregation and said she had held onto her faith in Christ, even as things in her life had been really hard. She said she wouldn't go into detail, but... etc. When she told my companion about it, later, she said she had had so many things, in detail she'd wanted to say, but it was funny/weird, when she'd gotten up to say them, she'd forgotten them.
We went to the beach, today, and loved it, of course!
We're having so many people to teach and learn from, that we are going going going. And, we're taking care of a cat. Don't ask, haha.
I love you all!!!!!!!!!
Sister Bothwell

No comments:

Post a Comment